I have been committed since January 2007 to bring you each month a selection of the latest headlines and best researches on sustainable development, climate change and the world energy sector.
However, I don’t blog as much as I would like to and generally write around 25 posts per month. But many more news are worth reading. This is why I use Twitter to share more news that are worth your time.
I believe it offers a good complement to this website. So if you are on Twitter and like this selection, don’t hesitate to start following me.
- UK is on track to exceed commitment Kyoto Protocol to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 12.5% over the period 2008–2012 #UKTI_facts #carbon
- We solved the CFC problem, now time to solve the CO2 problem http://bit.ly/cAfboz
- Rt @ClimateProgress : Martin Bunzl on “the definitive killer objection to geoengineering as even a temporary fix” climateprogress.org/2010/09/27/mar…
- At UN, developing nations urge boost in global support to fight climate change http://bit.ly/9QaB44
- Signs of climate change fail to improve political environment for cap-and-trade: http://wapo.st/bIUa3W
- Obama: US on Target to Reduce Emissions by 17% http://bit.ly/aWsHd7 More please.
- UK’s conservative Foreign Secretary: “You cannot have food, water, or energy security without climate security.” – http://bit.ly/9EZA2x
- In the Arctic, Previously Unimaginable Melting is Now a Reality : TreeHugger treehugger.com/files/2010/09/…
- Majority of World’s Rivers in a State of Crisis, But Solutions Can Be Cheap : TreeHugger treehugger.com/files/2010/09/…
- Pakistani Soldier Plants 20,101 Trees in One Day! Sets New World Record : TreeHugger treehugger.com/files/2010/09/…
Energy and cleantech
- Recovery Act Propels 3 GW of Solar Projects to Front in California : CleanTechnica http://bit.ly/bQtbiI
- 50 Ways to Visualize the Oil Spill – http://chartporn.org/2010/07/15/50-ways-to-visualize-the-oil-spill/
- RT @CleanTechies Why Tidal Power is Europe’s Best Near-Term Ocean Energy Technology http://bit.ly/alPVsG
- La région Aquitaine fait le pari de l’économie verte – Les Echos.fr lesechos.fr/afp_00280712.h… via @LesEchosFr
- China to Have 200+ Million Cars by 2020! treehugger.com/files/2010/09/… via @TreeHugger (where will it find all the necessary oil ? Nowhere…)
- RT @TelegraphNews Obama could kill fossil fuels overnight with a nuclear dash for thorium http://bit.ly/bWUZz8 What ? oO
- Use of Carbon Nanotubes Could Boost Power of Photovoltaic Cells – http://bit.ly/aYBW9l
- Enough Uranium for 10 times today’s nuclear plants, MIT team says. – http://nyti.ms/cvmKPu(Anti Nukers point to industry funding.) #energy
- Could A/C Units Vent Heat to a Swimming Pool? You Tell Me cleantechnica.com/2010/09/15/cou… via @cleantechnica
- RT @CleanTechies Free Solar Panels for California’s Low-Income Families http://bit.ly/ce9kJ0 Could it be done here in Europe ? Please !
- R: @RL_Miller China leads world #climate change indstry now over $528B, sector worth more than wireless telecom.. http://bit.ly/bj3Qrp
- According to Bill Clinton (http://bit.ly/b9pOzl) all this unspent Recovery Act $ could do wonders for jobs & energy http://bit.ly/cuIqQh
- http://bit.ly/GrBiz Suzlon crosses 5000 MW of wind power installations in India #green http://bit.ly/bQUSnu
- California ups the ante on renewable electricity standard — now 33% by 2020 http://bit.ly/cgshfz
- Never Mind Oil, Group Says: Think Atlantic Wind http://bit.ly/aJAg6U
- Blog: Less Power To Refrigerators! Appliances Get More Efficient in 2014 http://bit.ly/dpEJnm #energy #green #environment
- How Long Will Your Panels Produce Electricity? http://ow.ly/19dsqC
- Tom #Friedman speaking at Stanford GCEP research symposium, Creating Sustainable Energy System for 21st Century-http://bit.ly/99DxYN
- The Enertech Movement http://tinyurl.com/2evf83o
- It’s Time the U.S. Gets Serious About Renewable Energy http://tinyurl.com/22sj563
- Three million French shared their cars last year : http://fwd4.me/e0k Car sharing is on the rise but stays limited…
- Hong Kong: planet Earth’s public transport capital – http://fwd4.me/e0u
- Unemployed More Likely To Drop Out Of Labor Force Than Get Jobs Since 2009 http://huff.to/di8O6c via @huffingtonpost
- World Bank Finds Biofuel Targets are Fueling “Land Grabs” cleantechnica.com/2010/09/17/wor… via @cleantechnica Still backing these “solutions” ?
- China Wants Legally Binding Climate Agreement by 2011 http://fwd4.me/gLi What a change !
- Thanks to @daiannatweets I found an interesting topic #susty Nice nickname for sustainability. Adopted ! 🙂
- Green Jobs for Millions? India to Launch Several Technical Training Courses in Renewable Energy cleantechnica.com/2010/10/01/gre…
- Dear followers, I am deeply sorry for creating Justin Bieber. What started as a joke between me & Moses has gone too far. @satan, help.
- Nine Storey Apartment Built Of Wood in Nine Weeks By Four Workers : TreeHugger treehugger.com/files/2010/09/…