This is time for me to present my selection of the best pictures of the NASA’s Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD). As always, this month was packed with beautiful images. It was as always difficult to select just ten.
On this month’s picture, the NASA noted : “The Sun, a crescent Earth, and the long arm of a solar panel were all visible outside a window when the Space Shuttle Atlantis visited the orbiting outpost last week.”
I particularly like this picture as we can see our planet seen from outter space – with the thin atmosphere – the ISS and its many solar panels and to finish, our star.
Here is this month’s selection :
- Bright Sun and Crescent Earth from the Space Station
- Ancient Layered Hills on Mars
- Annapurna Star Trails
- All-Sky Milky Way Panorama
- Crescent Earth from the Departing Rosetta Spacecraft
- NGC 253: Dusty Island Universe
- Leonid over Mono Lake
- M57: The Ring Nebula
- Blue Sun Bristling
- Seven Sisters Versus California
I hope you enjoyed this selection.