2008 in a nutshell
With some late I would like to propose you today a selection of my favorite articles published here in 2008. Since I wrote almost 250, selecting less than 50 of them was very hard.
Last year was literally packed with stunning scientific discoveries and great initiatives – both global and local – to increase the importance of renewables and energy efficiency and so much more.
My impression after selecting all these articles is that as evidences are increasingly pressing, more and more people are responding to this call for action.
- 2007 in a nutshell (after a year of blogging)
- Arctic is melting faster than forecast
- There is no perfect energy generating solution
- The melting of permafrost, a serious danger ?
- Are biofuels a solution or a (huge) problem ?
- OECD urging to act on climate change
- Earth seen from space
- IEA promotes energy efficiency of buildings
- How we throw away tons of food
- Destruction of Nature costs 2,000 billion euros per year
- Over a billion climate refugees in 2050 ?
- Highest concentration of CO2 over 800,000 years
- Toward seven billion trees planted by the UNEP ?
- Protecting Nature as it is protecting us
- World CO2 emissions rose by 3.1 percent last year
- Renewables aren’t perfect solutions
- IEA urges for a technology revolution
- Smart meters lead to smart behaviors
- Could both sides – and plans – work hands in hands ?
- Seven years left to reverse the CO2 emissions trend
- India announces its first climate change mitigation plan
- IAEA forecasts 60 % more nuclear plants by 2030
- The major threat of rising sea levels : the science
- Why recycling has a really bright future
- Nearly half of primates are in danger of becoming extinct
- 10 billion tonnes of carbon
- If you think that offshore drilling is a solution…
- What is exactly sustainable development ?
- Cutting fossil fuels subsidies to cut emissions
- A global green New Deal : UNEP iniative
- Why clean coal is nowhere near happening
- Looking for sound and profitable investments ?
- The panacea to our energy and climate problems
- My guest post for Verda Vivo
- Verda Vivo’s guest post: condoms are the answer
- Soon to be lost paradises
- Financing the Global Green New Deal
- US agency blocks construction of coal-fired plant
- The Grenelle: 440 billion euros of investments
- Decreasing amounts of snow in the Himalayas
- Help in finding new solar technologies
- Vivace, another renewable energy source
- Do our leaders care about the environment?
Hope you liked this selection and look forward to reading your comments.