The huge global loss of biodiversity is such a big problem that it is seen by specialists as the Sixth Mass Extinction. Lucky for us, the Huffington Post published an article on ten ways citizens can change that.
In a nutshell, here are they :
1. Spread the word, to your family, friends, co-workers, and social media
2. Reduce your carbon footprint.
3. Buy products from companies committed to using sustainably produced palm oil in their products.
4. Eat fish from only healthy fisheries.
5. Eat less meat.
6. Never, ever buy anything made from ivory — or from any other product derived from threatened species.
7. Enjoy nature.
8. Adopt a species or become a citizen scientist.
9. Vote for and support leaders who recognize the importance of switching from a fossil-fuel energy system to a carbon-neutral one
10. Don’t give up.
As you can see with this list, most of these items are common sense and I have largely delved on the importance of our carbon footprint, sustainable products and food and so on. Let’s say this is a reminder for most.