This is time for me to present my selection of the best pictures of the NASA’s Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD). As always, this month was packed with beautiful images. It was as always difficult to select just ten.
My favorite picture for this month is Dark Shuttle Approaching, a picture taken from the International Space Station. The beautiful colours are caused by Earth’s atmosphere and its various layers.
I am absolutely still amazed at how many splendors can be seen at night. I just hope we may find a way to make our nights darker so more people can see them.
Here is my selection :
- Astronaut Installs Panoramic Space Window
- NGC 2440: Cocoon of a New White Dwarf
- Dark Shuttle Approaching
- Cassini Spacecraft Crosses Saturn’s Ring Plane
- Field of Rosette
- Waterway to Orbit
- Sakurajima Volcano with Lightning
- Night Launch of the Space Shuttle Endeavour
- A Sun Halo Over Cambodia
- Hong Kong Sky